- The Asian population in Auckland is fairly significant, and from what I can tell, not too keen on learning English or watching out for bikes while driving around the city. Normally I dislike steriotypes, but it's a bit tough when you're nearly killed 37,000 times a day by one particular group of people.
- Rain in Auckland is warm and therefore superior to Portland rain (for riding at least). Very rarely in P-town do you show up for a rainy group ride and no one has jackets or legwarmers.
- The Simpson's is still the greatest show ever created (sorry Donny Trump). Every night, a full hour of Springfield hijinks on NZ's biggest network is reminding me of why I became such a sarcastic goon.
- No one wears shorts here when the sun is out.
- Cricket is seen as a cool and manly sport. Cricket. Seriously. Wickets and degrees of rotation and all that pompous crap. Ugh. I rank cricket somewhere between bowling and golf. Yeah you need skill to do it well, but who cares? At least rugby's big as well, that should make up for it. Maybe. DT
3 years ago