Tuesday, February 01, 2005

4X4 WANKER

Back to the big city I am, back to coffee and bad drivers, sailboats and fish and chips.
Back in Auckland once again.
January was quite the travel-heavy, multi-destination month but now it's time to kick back, settle in and cruise to the finish line. Never worry fair readers, this doesn't mean I'll be just sitting on my ass drinking coffee and watching the populace oh no, there's still much riding and much racing to be done on top of my busy schedule of ass-sitting, coffee-drinking, populace-watching and Evil-fighting. Speaking of battling EVIL...

... Some people try really hard to fight The Man and I respect that. They write books, they write magazine articles, they make music, they chain themselves to stuff, whatever. I say good on ya if you're doing your part in whatever way you know how, HOWEVER, sometimes stupid people (scratch that, usually stupid people) loose the plot. Some people try to fight The Man by fighting the people, doing such idiot things as destroying people's property or becoming militant goons and blowing shit up. These people suck. Some of these idiots found thier way to Mt. Eden a couple nights ago and decided they would do thier part for the environment by spray-painting 4X4 WANKER all over the SUV's on the street (which is only a few, if it were Portland I suspect they would have been busy for quite some time). How lame. It's true, idiots are everywhere, not just in the White House... DT

2 comments:

piglet said...

Gosh, I hope there weren't any ozone-depleting chlorofluorocarbons in those spray paint cans. How awkward would that be?
I have always wanted to write "Bushmobile" in the dust on a Hummer (a much less destructive form of protest), but I haven't found a dirty one yet...

Anonymous said...

Dust on a Hummer?